Regional CDFI is accepting application for VP of Lending position to serve state of Alabama.
While Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) like Pathway Lending can be a game changer for economically underserved entrepreneurs and communities, it’s still a new concept. That’s where this position comes in. The VP of Lending for our Alabama region will be responsible for introducing public and private stakeholders, as well as small businesses owners, to the lending and support resources Pathway Lending provides.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President, this new position will lead the small business lending division in Alabama. The Vice President, in collaboration with the SVP, will be responsible for developing and implementing a business strategy. Additionally, the Vice President will be responsible for identifying business opportunities for Pathway Lending consistent with our mission, values and vision.
This position will work with our public and private partners to market the availability of capital for underserved small businesses, as well as meeting with potential clients to determine credit worthiness and capacity. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing other lenders and developing collaborative relationships with banks, resource providers, and public and private stakeholders. You’ll be a relentless idea generator, thinking of new, creative ways to expand our presence and get our brand out. Your impeccable storytelling skills will shape our message and tell our clients’ stories to connect with the right audience at the right time.
WHAT EXPERIENCE YOU BRING
- Extensive relationships with the banking community.
- Proven ability to manage teams of business development professionals.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with lending partners and public and private stakeholders.
- Proven ability to assess creditworthiness and business opportunities.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and experience in public speaking.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and proven ability to assimilate data and report data to stakeholders in a concise manner.
- Prior experience in a public facing role and willingness to be the “face” of Pathway Lending
- Understanding of community investment activities and community development including CRA knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop business and execute a strategy for growing loans outstanding and increasing available loan capital.
- Develop a strategy to market Pathway Lending and our services to small business owners, bank partners and stakeholders.
- Meet with potential clients to assess creditworthiness and business opportunities.
- Coordinate and mentor a team of business professionals.
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Pathway is focused on growing the number of small businesses we provide loans to and helping those businesses grow and create jobs. What strategies would you recommend to achieve this goal?
- Pathway would like broad geographic dispersion of our loans to include rural and urban areas. What suggestions would you have to grow lending in these markets?
- Pathway Lending provides business loans to a target market that includes African-American business owners and businesses located in low and moderate income communities. How would you ensure our message reaches these populations?
AT-A-GLANCE “MUST HAVES”
- 10+ years of experience in lending and relationship development.
- Strong relationships in banking and public and private sectors that support economic development.
- Management and leadership experience.
- Experience in credit evaluation and consultative sales of credit products.
- Focus on customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A curiosity to understand entrepreneurs’ opportunities and challenges.
- A passion for helping people.
- Must live within Alabama market.
THINK THIS IS THE RIGHT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications received by May 1st will get preference. If your background and experience align, you will be asked to complete a short-answer questionnaire and submit a sample of your work.