Pathway Lending is a CDFI whose mission is to provide lending solutions and educational services that support the development, growth, and preservation of underserved small businesses, affordable housing, and sustainable communities. We finance businesses and strengthen communities. PL is looking for another motivated person to join this team to help small business owners turn their passion into a successful enterprise that creates jobs and generates economic development throughout the state.
The VP Loan Operations supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of the SVP Loan Operations this position provides support in administrative areas. This position is responsible for managing loan operations including commercial loan closings and the loan closing processes, documentation and collateral management, and loan servicing and ensuring compliance with legal, investor, regulatory and business policies. This person will direct and coordinate internal staff and external third parties including closing attorneys, title companies, and others required for essential loan closing and document integrity.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with SVP Loan Operations to set strategic goals for the Loan Operations Department that meets or exceeds Pathway Lending strategic operational goals or objectives.
- Mentors and coaches internal staff and provides sound leadership to maintain the safety and soundness of the loan closing process and collateral organization and oversight.
- Directs internal staff and coordinates with external parties such as appraisers, attorneys, and insurance providers to ensure all closing documentations is properly drafted, completed, recorded, and filed with necessary parties to perfect Pathway Lending’s rights and collateral position.
- Communicates with and educates clients on all aspects of the loan closing process.
- Manages payoffs and the release of liens, insurance monitoring, record retention and updating systems in a timely manner.
- Identifies the appropriate funding source for loans in the pipelines ensuring compliance with the available sources of capital to aid in forecasting cash utilization..
- Assists with the preparation of monthly reports for management and the Board of Directors from the loan servicing system. Assists with the preparation of information as needed for compliance reporting.
- Determines and reports to the SVP Loan Operations any identified operational risk issues and internal control weaknesses with suggested corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Commercial, commercial real estate and small business loan documentation experience is required. Five years of experience in commercial loan operations is preferred. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Pathway Lending Advantages:
- A flexible work environment with a /hybrid model (Home and Office Flexible work schedule)
- Professional development and opportunities for growth encouraged by leadership
- Acknowledgment/recognition of individual and team contribution
- Sincere care/regard for each Team member
- Extensive health insurance and benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- An organization built and aligned for success
- Integrity: we endeavor to be who we say we are, and to do what we say we will do
Starting Salary: $91,052
Send resumes to: Admin@PathwayLending.org