Guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses
The next application deadline for Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) grants is Friday, March 31, 2017.
This program provides loan financing and grant funding to rural small businesses and agricultural producers to install or purchase renewable energy systems and make energy efficiency improvements.
Click here to view the REAP Program Fact Sheet.
Applications for this program are accepted year round at your local office.
Who can apply for REAP funds?
- Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations
- Small businesses in eligible rural areas. Click here for the eligibility map to see if you qualify for REAP funds, based on your business address.
What funding is available?
- Loan guarantees on loans up to 75% of total eligible project costs (with a maximum loan amount of $25 million).
- Grants for up to 25% of total eligible project costs (with a maximum grant amount of $250,000 for energy efficiency grants and $500,000 for renewable energy system grants).
- Combined grant and loan guarantee funding up to 75% of total eligible project costs.
The next application deadline for the REAP grant program is March 31, 2017. Applicants may apply for REAP Guaranteed Loans at any time throughout the year. REAP Guarantee Loan applications are processed when received, with periodic competition.
For more information on REAP applicant eligibility requirements, eligible projects, and other related info, click here.
Pathway Lending can step in with an Energy Efficiency Loan to cover the remaining funding needs for your project. To learn more about how Pathway Lending can help fund your energy project, visit our Energy Efficiency Loan program page.