Deadline to submit NSBW Awards is Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Every year, the U.S. Small Business Administration celebrates National Small Business Week to salute small business owners. Did you know more than half of Americans work for or own a small business, and that these businesses create two out of every three new jobs in our country? Talk about something to celebrate!
National Small Business Week is scheduled for April 30 through May 6, 2017. As part of National Small Business Week, the SBA recognizes outstanding small business owners, entrepreneurs and community members from across the country through their National Small Business Week Awards.
We are asking all our clients and friends submit a nomination, especially for your own business! The full Award Guidelines are available on the SBA’s website, but here are a few items to note:
What are the national award categories?
- Small Business Person of the Year Award (one winner from each state and territory)
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery- Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery- Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award
- Federal Procurement Award- Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
How do I nominate a business for an SBA National Small Business Week Award?
The deadline to submit your nomination is January 10, 2017. All nominations must be mailed or hand delivered to the nearest SBA Office no later than 2:00 p.m. CT on January 10, 2017. Click here to find your nearest SBA local office.
Which award best fits my business or organization?
For a description of the awards, consult the Awards Guidelines at www.sba.gov/nsbw. For more information including eligibility, submission guidelines and award categories, consult the NSBW 2017 Award Guidelines.
Who has won in the past? Here are some Small Business Week highlight videos from the past few years.
Still have questions? Check out the SBA’s National Small Business Week Awards FAQ right here!